Dear Parents and Carers,
Change to timing of Sports Day tomorrow
Once again we are sadly faced with a forecast of rain for our sports day. As of this morning, BBC are stating that there is an 80% chance of heavy rain from midday until 2pm tomorrow. Whilst the grounds are currently dry, and reasonably safe should there be light rain, the prospect of heavy rain would make the conditions unsuitable.
As there is currently no forecast for rain until midday, we have decided to move the afternoon’s activities to the morning. We realise that this will be disappointing for those of you who have planned to take the afternoon off, but we hope that some of you might have understanding employers who will allow you to have the morning off rather than the afternoon.
I hope you understand that, given that this is the only chance we have to hold our annual sports day this year, the alternative choice was to cancel sports day altogether.
If you are able to make it in the morning, we will be starting at approximately 9:10am. Please park away from the school (or preferably walk to school) to prevent Oakwood Road and Lumley Road becoming too congested. We expect the morning’s races to end by around 11:45am (weather permitting).
We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Fingers crossed that the forecast doesn’t change to rain in the morning!