Yattendon School Council 2019-2020
Our Yattendon School Council is made up of elected class representatives who meet every other week to discuss and propose ideas, and take forward initiatives and projects on behalf of their peers. Each class has two members of School Council. School Council meet on a Friday lunchtime.
We are very proud of our School Council as it enables the children of Yattendon to:
- Enjoy and feel empowered by their education
- Feel that their school responds to their needs and views
- Have the opportunity and let the adults know their feelings and opinions about things that affect them
- Develop life skills through participation
- Have a say about decisions, and to play an active role in making their school a better place
This year, School Council have discussed the following whole school issues:
- The criteria for awarding the purple tie.
- The new whole school values to be adopted each term.
- The purchase of books for class reading areas.
- The way to use outdoor space for learning.
- The outcomes of the pupil survey and how to improve teaching and learning at Yattendon School.