Home School Link Worker
At Yattendon, we strongly believe that the best outcomes for young children occur when parents/carers work in partnership with our school.
Our Home School Link Worker is an effective tool through which we can help ensure that your child flourishes in our care.
What are the most common issues that the HSLW deals with?
- Improving attendance and punctuality
- Supporting parents, carers and families
- Promoting postive behaviour
- Offering support in school
Meet our Home School Link Worker:
What is our goal?
We want all children to enjoy school and be happy and secure.
Who can Karen help?
- Children who are anxious or withdrawn
- Parents and carers experiencing difficulties managing their child’s behaviour
- Parents, carers and children who are experiencing change, such as parental separation or bereavement
- Parents and carers whose children are not attending school or who have been excluded
- Parents and carers who may need support on a wide range of issues impacting on their family life, such as illness, separation, domestic violence, bereavement
How can Karen help?
- A chance to talk in a confidential and non-judgemental environment
- One to one support and advice
- Parenting guidance on developing and maintaining positive discipline
- Help to access grants
- Therapeutic sessions with children and families
- Support groups for parents and carers
- Home visits to support families and children
- Links to other agencies
How do you contact Karen, your Home School Link Worker?
Parents , carers, schools and children can ask Karen to become involved. With your consent, she will explore the difficulties your child is experiencing and identify the best way to help.
Print out and fill in the HSLW message form at the bottom of the webpage and hand into the school office in an envelope for the Attention of the Home School Link Worker, marked ‘Private’
OR contact Karen by e-mail (email@example.com)
OR just pop into the School Office and ask if Karen is available for a chat. (Karen is in from Monday to Friday.)
Karen will fill in a referral form with you. Before starting to work with children she will obtain parental consent. Karen offers a confidential service regarding personal issues. If necessary she would seek your permission to share the information with staff at school or with other agencies.
Should a child protection issue be identified Karen is legally bound to follow government guidelines.
We are continually seeking better and more effective ways to support parents and carers and would greatly value your feedback. Please take a moment to download, print and complete the evaluation form below.