Yattendon's Home School Link Worker Team
We are very proud that OFSTED rated our Behaviour and Safety as ‘outstanding’.
The pastoral care of our children is very important to us; if children feel safe and ‘worry free’ they are more likely to excel with their learning. At Yattendon, we strongly believe that the best outcomes for young children occur when Parents/carers work in partnership with our school. Our Home School Link Worker Team (Mrs Jo Spindler and Mrs Gill Labbett) is an effective tool through which we can help ensure that your child flourishes in our care.
What are the most common issues that the HSLW Team deal with?
- Improving attendance and punctuality
- Supporting parents, carers and families
- Promoting positive behaviour
- Offering support in school
What is their goal?
We want all children to enjoy school and be happy and secure.
Who can Jo and Gill help?
- Children who are anxious or withdrawn
- Parents and carers experiencing difficulties managing their child’s behaviour
- Parents, carers and children who are experiencing change, such as parental separation or bereavement
- Parents and carers whose children are not attending school or who have been excluded
- Parents and carers who may need support on a wide range of issues impacting on their family life, such as illness, separation, domestic violence, bereavement
How can Jo and Gill help?
- A chance to talk in a confidential and non-judgemental environment
- One to one support and advice
- Parenting guidance on developing and maintaining positive discipline
- Help to access grants
- Therapeutic sessions with children and families
- Support groups for parents and carers
- Home visits to support families and children
- Links to other agencies
How do you contact Jo and Gill, your Home School Link Worker Team?
Parents, carers, schools and children can ask Jo and Gill to become involved. With your consent, they will explore the difficulties your child is experiencing and identify the best way to help. Contact Jo by email (email@example.com) or Gill by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alternatively, just pop into the School Office and ask if either Jo or Gill are available for a chat. (Jo works Monday to Friday and Gill is in from Tuesday to Friday.) Jo or Gill will fill in a referral form with you. Before starting to work with children they will obtain parental consent. Jo and Gill offer a confidential service regarding personal issues. If necessary they would seek your permission to share the information with staff at school or with other agencies.