Sport and PE at Yattendon – Our Vision
In 2017-18, Yattendon School will be allocated approximately £19,500 in Sports Premium funding. The DfE provide the following guidance on what we can and cannot spend this funding on as follows.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. This means that we should use the premium to:
For example, we can use our funding to:
· provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
· introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
· support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
· run sport competitions
· increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
· run sports activities with other schools
We should not use our funding to:
At Yattendon we have taken the decision to use some of our funding to work alongside the Visionary Sports Academy (VSA) to support with the delivery of games lessons alongside class teachers in order to model high quality sport teaching within our curriculum. The VSA will also provide lunchtime and after school sports clubs which are focused mainly on increasing participation but in some cases in developing our more experienced athletes through enrichment activities.
We are also continuing to develop staff expertise in teaching PE through our continued investment in the Real PE philosophy of teaching and the associated resources needed for this.
We are entering our first full year as members of the Redhill and Reigate Primary School Sports Association which enables our children to compete more regularly in sports fixtures, for example, through joining the football and netball leagues and entering gymnastics and dance competitions.
For information regarding our intended spend of this years' sports premium allocation, please click on the link.