PLEASE NOTE: YATTENDON IS A NUT-FREE SCHOOL
Please do not send any nuts or products that may contain nuts into school with your children
Please ask a member of the catering team if you would like to know what allergens our food contains
Lunchtime at Yattendon
It is great to see so many of Yattendon’s children enjoying a nutritious hot meal that fills them up and gives them an energy boost for their afternoon lessons. The small amount of wasted food is a tribute to the catering teams wonderful homemade food.
The food at Yattendon is prepared fresh every day and represents incredible value for money at just £2.15 per lunch per child.
We are very proud of the standard of food which we provide for our school community and the way in which we prepare it. This was recognised recently by Reigate and Banstead Borough Council and the Food Standards Agency who gave us the highest possible food hygeine rating - 'Level 5 - Very Good'
Free school lunches
Parents do not have to pay for school lunches if they receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment finishes or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week
If you think you may qualify, please ask at the school office for an application form for free school meals or download the application form below.
Mrs Fiona Parry (Catering Team Leader)